Did you know that gargling can help improve your oral health? There is a lot of other things besides gargling that can improve your oral health. Here at Draper Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we strive to be the best dental office in Albemarle, North Carolina. Here are a few things that you can do to make sure your oral health is as good as it can be!
There are tons of things that can happen overnight within an eight-hour period, especially while your sleeping. That’s when bacteria are most productive at night, but don’t let the thought of bacteria crawling all over the inside your mouth stop you from getting a great night’s rest. Just as long as you didn’t forget to do your nightly dental routine, you will have nothing to worry about. There are plenty of ways to improve your oral health even at night. Here is a list of ways to improve your oral health.
· Brush and floss before you go to bed at night it helps protect from plaque building up, tooth decay, and gum disease. But please be sure to spend at least two full minutes bruising and flossing.
· Make sure you take your time on brushing and flossing your teeth, the best way to brush is to take short strokes back and forth and brush the outer surfaces first then the inner and last but defiantly not least brush the chewing surfaces.
· You can also switch your toothbrush out for a powered one. They are prover to clean a lot better than normal ones. Just be sure to choose one that is comfortable to hold, easy to use and one that has a rotating head.
· Rinse and gargle you mouth out with mouth wash or salt water. This will not only give you fresher breath, but it also kills a lot of bacteria in your mouth and helps protect your teeth from getting tooth decay. There are also special active ingredients in mouth wash that can strengthen your teeth and help fight off certain oral health conditions.
· Last but not least another way to improve your oral health is to come into the office and see us regularly for dental checkup and cleanings. We can help out a lot in keeping your mouth, teeth, and gums super clean in the long run.
Now that you know what all the way that you can improve your oral health, we urge you to at least brush and floss twice a day and visit us regularly. Here at Draper Family & Cosmetic Dentistry we care for you and your oral health needs. We would love to get to know you, so if you have any concerns, or any questions you would like to ask, please do not hesitate to give us a call!